Why It Made the Cut: Greystar is a leader in multifamily property management, with over half a million units managed in the United States.
Despite being one of the youngest members of the property management community, Greystar has stormed the scene and become an all-star in this industry. With over 660,000 units managed, the company is poised to reach over a million and possibly segue into all states within the U.S. Its current success can be attributed to its enormous devotion to investing in its properties and using beautiful, comprehensive listings to attract top-notch residents for its communities. In addition, it caters to a variety of residential clients, including seniors and students. Greystar is one of the world’s largest multifamily and commercial real estate firms and manages over $32 billion in assets.
One drawback seems to be a website that isn’t as user-friendly as it could be. However, property owners can rest assured that Greystar works to attract the best residents and continually invest in and improve properties, making it an excellent partnership option.
- NMHC ranking: #1
- Property locations: 45 states and Washington, D.C.
- Services: Operations, IT, marketing, procurement, construction management
- Units managed as of 2022: 669,137
- Years in business: 28 years
- More substantial investment in each property than the competition
- Thorough, up-to-date, and attractive apartment listings to attract more potential residents
- Portfolio with a wide array of properties, including student housing and over-55 communities
- Somewhat user-unfriendly website design